Carretera de Valldemossa, km. 7.5. E-07122
Edifici Anselm Turmeda. Universitat de les Illes Balears
Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Virtual worlds. Facial expressions that represent psychological aspects of the character. 3D animation. Social Agents.
BSc. Computer Science (2004) and MSc. Computer Science (2008) by Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela. Currently, PhD candidate at Computer Graphics, Vision and Artificial Intelligence Group, in Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain. Member of the spanish project ITADA (TIN2007-67993). I have worked as invited professor in a summer course entitled "Introduction to photography digital processing" in 2008.
Previous work involved: programming tasks in PODWALKING project (2007-2008); colaboration in the INEVAI3D (TIN2004-07926) project at Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain (2006-2007); invited professor for lecture of Artificial Intelligence in Videogames at Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain (2006); assistant professor for Computer Graphics and Introduction to Programming in C, at Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela (2005-2006); webmaster and network administrator at Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela (2003-2005); assistant professor for undergraduate Physics course (2002-2003) at Simón Bolívar University,Venezuela; laboratory technician at LABORATORIO DOCENTE DE COMPUTACIÓN, Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela (2000-2001).
Recent publications are:
- Isaac Lera, Diana Arellano, Javier Varona, Carlos Juiz, Ramon Puigjaner. Semantic Model for Facial Emotion to improve the human computer interaction in AML. In 3rd Symposium of Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence 2008, Vol. 51/2009, Salamanca, Spain, pp. 139-148, 2008.
- Gabriel Fiol-Roig, Diana Arellano, Francisco J. Perales, Pedro Bassa, Mauro Zanlongo. The Intelligent Butler: a virtual agent for disabled and elderly people assistance. In International Symposium on Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence 2008 (DCAI 2008), Vol. 50/2009, Salamanca, Spain, pp. 375-384, 2008.
- Diana Arellano, Javier Varona, Francisco J. Perales. Generation and visualization of emotional states in virtual characters. In Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, Vol. 19, No.3-4, pp. 259-270. 2008.
- Diana Arellano, Isaac Lera, Javier Varona, Francisco J. Perales. Virtual Characters with Emotional States. En 2nd PEACH Summer School. Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2008.
- Carolina Muñoz, Diana Arellano, Francisco J. Perales, Gabriel Fontanet. Perceptual and Intelligent Domotic Systems for Disabled People. IASTED - International Conference on Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing (VIIP 2006), Mallorca, Spain, pp. 70-75, 2006.
- Diana Arellano Távara, Andreas Meier. Agents with Personality for Videogames. IV Conference of Articulated Motion and Deformable Objects (AMDO 2006), Mallorca, Spain, pp.484-493, 2006.